Frequently Asked Questions

Please click on a question to reveal the answer.

Q: I have multiple accounts, how can I view all the accounts when I log in?
Click the Change Account button (top left-hand corner) to toggle between multiple accounts.

Q: How can I pay my bill?

You can pay your bill through your bank online or in person.

You can also pay by:

Q: Once I have closed my account, when will I receive my final bill?

Final bills are sent out 2-3 weeks from the requested move out date.

Q: When will I receive my first bill?

You can expect your first bill about 6 weeks after your move in date.

Q: I’m moving into a property in Milton. How do I set up my account?
You can set up your account by filling in the Application for Service form Request Details ( or calling our office at 905-876-4611 at least 48 hours prior to your move in date.

Q: How can I tell which dates I was billed for?

At the bottom of your bill, there is a box outlining service period dates for electric and water services. Dates are listed as “previous” (start date of your bill) and “present” (end date of your bill) as seen in the image below.

Q: I am an existing customer and have never set up an online account, how do I register for MyAccount.

You can register online Sign Up | Milton Hydro. You will require your account number and meter number found at the bottom of your bill. If you do not have a copy of your bill, please call our office to obtain the meter number at 905-876-4611.

Q: I have scheduled my move in with Milton Hydro, when will I receive my log-in credentials for MyAccount?

Log in credentials are sent via email 14 days after the requested move in date.

*If you have not received your log in credentials after 14 days please be sure to check your Junk/Spam folders.

Q: How do I switch my price plan?

You can switch your rates between tiered and Time-of-Use (TOU) from your online account under the “smart meter tab” or by calling our office at 905-876-4611.

Q: Are there any financial assistance programs available to customers?
There may be financial assistance available to you through a Provincial/Regional Program. Please see the list of assistance options below:

Q: I’m moving within Milton from one address to another. How do I transfer over my services?

You can transfer over your services by logging into your MyAccount and filling out the ‘Moving within Milton’ form or by calling our office at 905-876-4611.

Q: How can I set up pre-authorized payments?
You can set up pre-authorized payments by logging into your Milton Hydro account and filling out the ‘Pre-Authorized Debit’ form from the ‘Forms’ tab as seen in the image below.

* Please note you will be required to attach a copy of a void cheque or direct deposit form.

Q: I’m moving out of my property. How do I close my account?

You can schedule your move out either online from your MyAccount or by calling our office at 905-876-4611 at least 48 hours prior to your move out date.

Image widget
Image widget